In an environment where it is essential to get the most value from your marketing-communications budget, exhibitions allow you to progress every marketing channel in one hit.
Plan your exhibition
- Define your objectives for the exhibition – what do you want to achieve and with whom?
- Consider where your target audience will be and how specialised the exhibition is.
- Use every marketing tool available before the exhibition opens, and ensure attendees know where your stand is located and what they can expect to see.
Convey a clear brand message
- Consider how each element of the stand contributes to the company's desired image.
- It should be easy for customers to engage with your product and the stand should attract visitors.
- Visitors should be able to differentiate your stand from its competitors.
Think about your stand
- Allow your customers to "experience" what you are trying to sell them.
- Don't forget graphics and lighting to improve the impact of the stand.
- Where possible, show your customers your products, don't just give them information
Your staff are important
- Over 70% of the success of a stand comes down to the people working on a custom display stand.
- Ensure staff are fully briefed before the event.
- Avoid off-putting signs, such as crossed arms or hands in pockets.
- Enjoy your exhibition show, and remember, when the doors close your work is merely just beginning not ending!